I have had so much fun making this with my girls
I just had to show you how to do it!
Theirs wasn't as cutesy but you can really add anything you
want to create the style you are looking for.
brown and white coffee filters
scrapbook paper/wrapping paper/ledger paper/old patterns...let your imagination run wild!!!
fabric flowers(you can find these at any craft store and they already have a hole punched in the middle to make stringing easy) Easy is Good!
Glitter and Glue
Fabric or food dye
metal skewer for poking holes
1. First you will want to dye the coffee filters. Add hot water to a bowl and drop in your dye. I used Americolor's Electric pink to achieve this light pink color.
2. Put the coffee filters 10 at a time in the hot water with dye for 10 minutes. Take them out and wring them out over the bowl and place them in the dryer on low for 5 minutes. They will not leave dye in the dryer and they are incredibly durable. You will not tear them. They come out nice and crinkly.
3. Once you have all of your coffee filters dyed and dry get out all of the items you will use in your garland. It's great to have it organized in front of you by paper, flowers, glitter, coffee filters etc.
4. Get your string or ribbon ready(I used both) and take a piece of tape to cover the end. This helps guide the ribbon through the holes you create in the paper and filters. Tie a knot near the end so the filters do not fall off the end.
5. Take your metal skewer and poke a hole through a few coffee filters.
6. Do the same with cupcake liners, coffee filters and your paper.
8. Add your flowers or any other decoration. You can see here I added little tags that I stamped dream on and then glittered. These would be cute in Holiday paper for any occasion and string them up to be festive! You could even string lights through the filters.
You can hang these pretties on your mantle or your curtains...you can even lay them on tables. My girls and I made these for a Paris themed luncheon for our teachers. I laid them on the tables with flowers and candles to add a little whimsy and color.
If you make or have made a coffee filter garland, I would love to see it!!!!
Yes....the crepe paper tree made it to the luncheon! You can find these fun eiffel tower bottles at World Market. I filled them with olive oil and fresh rosemary!